Are you a big fan of Dance Movies? If you want to know about the top dance movies available on Netflix, then you are at the right place. So, you don’t need to worry about it.
In this article, I’m going to list 17 Top Dance Movies available on Netflix. So, Let’s get started…….
Here is the list of top Dance Movies available on Netflix:
17. Born to Dance
- IMDb Rating: 5.5/10
- Creator: Casey Whelan, Hone Kouka, Steve Barr.
- Director: Tammy Davis.
- Cast: Adam Gardiner, John Tui, Kherington Payne, Stan Walker, Tia Maipi.
It’s a coming-of-age tale told through the eyes of ‘Tu’ who is an ambitious young Maori man from Auckland with the dreams of being a professional hip-hop dancer. Tu conceals his dancing from his father because he is a military man and dislikes Tu’s lack of direction.
Tu’s YouTube video of dancing with smooth moves goes viral and is noticed by the country’s ruling hip-hop stars, K-Crew, and Kane, the leader of the crew steals Tu’s best moves. Then Tu forms a new crew called Freaks and wins the national championships against K-Crew.
16. Dance with Me
- IMDb Rating: 5.8/10
- Creator: Daryl Matthews.
- Director: Randa Haines.
- Cast: Beth Grant, Chayanne, Harry Groener, Jane Krakowski, Joan Plowright, Kris Kristofferson, Randa Haines.
Rafael Infante is a talented but struggling dancer who moves to Texas from Cuba in search of his father where he meets a passionate young woman named Ruby Sinclair. He falls in love with her but she is already betrothed to another man.
Now, he finally has a chance to fulfill his dreams of becoming a professional dancer. And the two must overcome their differences to stay together and pursue their dreams.
15. Let’s Dance (2019)
- IMDb Rating: 5.9/10
- Creator: Joris Morio, Ladislas Chollat.
- Director: Ladislas Chollat.
- Cast: Alexia Giordano, Brahim Zaibat, Guillaume de TonquÃ©dec, Guillaume de Tonquedec, Ladislas Chollat.
Joseph is a passionate dancer of hip-hop who refuses to enter his father’s company to try his luck in Paris. And his girlfriend Emma is fired from her job as a ballet dancer in a top ballet school in Paris. Then Emma, Joseph, and his best friend Karim join the Paris crew of Yuri, a famous breaker. They try to win an international competition in hip-hop.
14. Step Up All In
- IMDb Rating: 6/10
- Creator: Duane Adler, John Swetnam.
- Director: Trish Sie.
- Cast: Adam G. Sevani, Alyson Stoner, Briana Evigan, Christopher Scott, Izabella Miko, Luis Rosado, Mari Koda.
After a long struggle, Sean gets an opportunity to participate in Las Vegas dance competition. He teams up with two brilliant dancers and all stars from the previous Step Up installments to win the competition. They battle for a victory that could define their dreams and their careers and could make them all stars.
13. Step Up 2: The Streets
- IMDb Rating: 6.2/10
- Creator: Karen Barna, Toni Ann Johnson.
- Director: Jon M. Chu.
- Cast: Adam G. Sevani, Briana Evigan, Cassie Ventura, Christopher Scott, Danielle Polanco, Jon M. Chu.
Orphaned teenager Andie lives with Sarah, her mother’s best friend. Andie does not care much about school and her passion lies in dancing. After an audition, she gets admission to the Maryland School of the Arts. Chase Collins, a fellow student at the Maryland School, falls for Andie. They form a crew with the help of some other people at the school and must work together to win the dance competition “The Streets”.
12. Save the Last Dance
- IMDb Rating: 6.2/10
- Director: Thomas Carter.
- Cast: Bianca Lawson, Elisabeth Oas, Fredro Starr, Garland Whitt, Julia Stiles, Kerry Washington, Vince Green.
Sara Johnson is a passionate ballet dancer who loses her enthusiasm for dancing after the sudden demise of her mother. Her mother was coming in a hurry to attend her audition, but on the way, she met with an accident and she died. So, Sara blames her dancing for her mother’s death. However, she meets Derek who helps her fight her trauma and pursue her passion and dreams.
11. ABCD: Any Body Can Dance
- IMDb Rating: 6.3/10
- Creator: Amit Aryan, Bhanu Pratap Singh, Mayur Puri, Remo, Tushar Hiranandani.
- Director: Remo D’Souza.
- Cast: Dharmesh Yelande, Ganesh Acharya, Kay Kay Menon, Noorin Sha, Prabhu Deva, Punit Pathak, Remo D’Souza, Salman.
Vishnu, a promising choreographer is forced to quit his job at the elite dance studio “Jehangir Dance Company“. He decides to return home to Chennai, but his friend Gopi persuades him to stay in Mumbai with him. Then he comes across a group of brilliant street dancers preparing for an annual contest. He decides to train them to be the best in their business.
10. Feel the Beat
- IMDb Rating: 6.3/10
- Director: Elissa Down.
- Cast: Brandon Kyle Goodman, Carina Battrick, Dennis Andres, Donna Lynne Champlin, Enrico Colantoni, Eva Hauge, Justin Allan.
April Dibrina, a young and self-centered dancer, unwillingly returns to her hometown in Wisconsin after failing to find success in a Broadway audition and is recruited to coach a misfit group of young dancers for a big competition. Now, only this competition can give her a chance to perform in front of Welly Wong, which can save her career.
9. Step Up: Revolution
- IMDb Rating: 6.4/10
- Creator: Amanda Brody, Duane Adler.
- Director: Scott Speer.
- Cast: Adam Sevani, Chadd Smith, Cleopatra Coleman, Kathryn McCormick, Megan Boone, Mia Michaels, Peter Gallagher.
Sean leads a dance crew named The Mob and he falls in love with the talented dancer Emily who arrives in Miami to become a professional dancer. But the redevelopment plans of Emily’s father threaten the team’s neighborhood in Miami. Now, she must work together with Sean and the crew to turn their dance performance into protest art, which may cause losing their dreams.
8. Happy Feet
- IMDb Rating: 6.4/10
- Director: George Miller, Judy Morris, Warren Coleman.
- Cast: Anthony LaPaglia, Brittany Murphy, Elijah Wood, Elizabeth Daily, George Miller, Hugh Jackman.
Mumble is a little penguin who can’t sing even a single note but unlike other penguins, he is a talented tap dancer and can dance brilliantly. In their world, everyone needs a heart song to attract a soulmate, but he feels that he does not belong to that world. And the elders of his clan outcast him then he befriends the Amigos, who help him explore himself.
7. Step Up
- IMDb Rating: 6.5/10
- Creator: Melissa Rosenberg.
- Director: Anne Fletcher.
- Cast: Alyson Stoner, Channing Tatum, Damaine Radcliff, De’Shawn Washington, Deirdre Lovejoy, Drew Sidora, Heavy D.
By the judge, Tyler Gage is sentenced to work as a janitor at the Maryland School of the Arts. At the school, he meets Nora, a brilliant ballet student, who is trying to use hip-hop moves. Nora persuades him to help her with her dance routines and then they fall in love with each other. They cheer each other to follow their passion and fulfill their dreams.
6. Everyone Says I Love You
- IMDb Rating: 6.7/10
- Creator: Woody Allen.
- Director: Woody Allen.
- Cast: Alan Alda, Ami Almendral, Diva Gray, Drew Barrymore, Edward Norton, Gaby Hoffmann, Woody Allen.
Djuna is the daughter of wealthy parents Joe and Steffi, who lives in New York City. She has to adjust to her extended family after her parents’ divorce. They include young lovers Holden and Skylar, Skylar is DJ’s half-sister and the daughter of Bob and Steffi and the whole family is abuzz about their forthcoming wedding.
But DJ wants to set up her father with Von, a lady whom Joe meets. But the things take an unexpected turn when a former prison inmate, Charles Ferry inserted between them.
5. Dirty Dancing
- IMDb Rating: 7/10
- Creator: Eleanor Bergstein.
- Director: Emile Ardolino.
- Cast: Charles Honi Coles, Cynthia Rhodes, Jack Weston, Jane Brucker, Jennifer Grey, Jerry Orbach, Kelly Bishop.
Frances ‘Baby’ Houseman, a 17-year-old girl goes on a summer holiday with her parents at a placid resort in the Catskill mountains. There she falls in love with the resort’s rebellious dance instructor, Johnny Castle and he enlists Baby as his new dance partner.
Baby’s father opposes their relationship, but she’s determined to help him perform the last big dance of the summer which creates a rift between Baby and her father.
4. Dance Academy: The Comeback
- IMDb Rating: 7/10
- Creator: Samantha Strauss.
- Director: Jeffrey Walker.
- Cast: Alex Acosta, Alicia Banit, Chris Bartlett, Dena Kaplan, Jeffrey Walker, Jordan Rodrigues, Keiynan Lonsdale.
Tara Webster, a former ballet student whose devastating injury crippled her career, then decided to forget about dancing and live a normal life as a university student in Sydney. After the recovery, she risks it all by leaving her university to make a comeback in dancing in New York. She wants to fulfill her dream of becoming one of the top dancers of her time.
3. Shall We Dance?
- IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
- Director: Masayuki Suo.
- Cast: Akira Emoto, Eri Watanabe, Hideko Hara, Hiromasa Taguchi, Hiroshi Miyasaka, Koji Yakusho, Yu Tokui.
Shohei Sugiyama is a middle-aged accountant who gained all that he has wanted in life. He has a loving wife and a sweet daughter, but still, he feels unfulfilled and unhappy in his life. One night, he sees a beautiful woman, Mai Kishikawa, dancing in a dance studio. And he signs up for ballroom dance lessons in hopes that they will rid his depression.
2. Let’s Dance (2006)
- IMDb Rating: 7.9/10
- Director: Inas El-Degheidy.
- Cast: Ezzat Abou Aouf, Hala Sedki, Marwan Azab, Tamer Hagras, Yousra.
This movie is a remake of the 1996 Japanese film “Shall We Dance?”. The story is based on a middle-aged married lawyer who is bored with her humdrum routine and secretly enrolls in a dance school tutored by a young man. Later, it becomes a big shock to her husband.
1. Dancer in the Dark
- IMDb Rating: 8/10
- Director: Lars von Trier.
- Cast: Bjork, Cara Seymour, Catherine Deneuve, David Morse, Jean-Marc Barr, Joel Grey, Udo Kier.
Selma is a Czech immigrant and a single mother who moves to the USA to work in a factory. She is so passionate about music that she imagines music around her even in ordinary situations. But the sad thing is that she is losing her eyesight and her son Gene is about to suffer the same if she will be unable to save enough money for his operation. But a desperate neighbor steals cash she’d been saving and it leads to a tragic finale.
I hope this article will help you understand the best dance movies available on Netflix. So, choose any of these movies and enjoy your show. And if you still have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us in the comments section below.